- Our definition: a form of technology that allows electromagnetic waves to carry sound messages through radio frequencies to a given area.
- Book definition (paraphrased): A wireless device that transmits sound through satellite to a mass audience within a given space.
- How do you use radio today?
- How do you think the world would be different if radio completely disappeared? Are we headed that direction with streaming and other services?
- How does radio persuade you?
- How did people rely on radio?
Things we talked about in class
- Your local radio can give you an identity
- Where we receive our news from: radio, newspaper, t.v., etc.
- What makes radio different from other forms.